Business Designer in Helsinki
Our Helsinki studio is searching for an astute Business Designer capable of leading project teams and delivering projects to customers.
As a Business Designer, you will lead the exploration of new digital business ideas and opportunities and evaluation of their viability – by applying customer-centric design methods and tools. In this capacity, you’ll work with a team to understand the client’s context, vision and strategy, collect and interpret relevant data, develop new insights, explore and define growth opportunities, iterate and redefine strategy, create tangible design outcomes, communicate the vision, and help your clients to get new products, services and ventures to the market.
Your job is to deliver great work to the client, build a trusting relationship while delivering tangible and concrete results, and foster a creative and productive environment for the project team. You contribute to the development of DK&A’s business in new client conversations as well as in existing relationships.
In your past life, you may have been a consultant, running a start-up, or managing a product. Your past expertise and toolkit may include strategic analysis, bringing new offerings to the market, transformation programs, leading interdisciplinary teams through change and collaborating with several clients and stakeholders. Regardless of your past focus, you fundamentally think that when you dream up and design a new product, service, or a business venture, you’re simultaneously designing the broader business strategy and roadmap for future growth – based on data and validated learnings.
In this role you get to:
- Collaborate with clients – both corporates and growth companies – in defining and solving their business challenges & opportunities
- Design business models & concepts that enhance and extend customer experiences (our aim is to improve quality of life in everything we do)
- Partner with a group of brilliant designers and developers to create new and evolve existing products, services and experiences
- Prototype and pilot actual transactions with concepts to validate the idea / opportunity
- Design strategic vision and direction, or organizational structures and strategic assets, to help our clients produce new business opportunities and drive innovation
- Actively support DK&A’s client relationship development, create proposals, do research and concept development, develop our service offering, and be passionate about DK&A and our expertise
- Collaborate across our studios with our business leadership, business developers/sales, designers and engineers for our clients’ benefit
You shine in:
- Business planning & strategic planning by design thinking or lean startup methodology
- Understanding how and why designing services, products and ventures can drive strategic growth for our clients
- Working in multidisciplinary teams (designers, engineers, analysts, etc.) and partnering with clients in finding and bringing ideas and concepts to life
- Navigating between end-to-end product life-cycles, as well as between business-, design-, and technology capabilities
- Presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written, in English and Finnish
You can impress us with:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a client-service or consultative role which might include consulting services, entre-/intrapreneurship, or operations/project management
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, for example in business or engineering, is helpful but not a requirement as great Business Designers come from various backgrounds
- Familiarity with agile business and service development methods and modern project management tools
- Fluent spoken and written German or Swedish
As a person you:
- have high motivation for complex problem solving and client satisfaction to help grow their business
- value trusting and transparent work environment and embrace it
- love to learn and are always hungry to become better in your craft
- adapt quickly to new challenges, situations and people
- think big and act fast
How to apply?
If you feel this is the role for you, please send your application to email@example.com. Please send your application by October 17. We are starting the interviews as soon as we receive the applications – always good to act fast!
Dunning, Kruger & Associates is a digital design, engineering and business consultancy driven by people and culture. We solve complex problems, simply, with our business, design, and technology skills alongside more elusive tools like empathy, humility, and Scandinavian finesse. We call this Minimum Viable Magic™. Because magic is the bare minimum.
We at the DK&A are passionate about redefining “work”. In fact, we want to destroy those old habits that for too long have taken control of our lives. Freedom, trust, challenges, purpose and creativity. Those are the key elements that we will offer you, if you let us.