You have the right to be protected – also when it comes to the privacy of your data. Rest assured, we handle all personal data in an appropriate manner and only to the extent necessary for our business operations.
When processing personal data, we always comply with the Personal Data Act, national and international regulations as well as the requirements imposed by the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
On this page, you can find information about how we handle your personal data if you have:
- Subscribed to our newsletter
- Asked us to contact you
- Sent us a job application
- Signed up for one of our events
- Contracted services from us or if are a potential customer
- Visited our website
Collecting Personal Information
When you visit the Site, we collect certain information about your device and your interaction with the Site. We may also collect additional information if you choose to contact us or apply for a job.
- Examples of Personal Information collected: version of web browser, IP address, time zone, cookie information, which pages you view, and how you interact with the Site.
- Purpose of collection: to load the Site accurately for you, and to perform analytics on Site usage to optimize our Site.
- Source of collection: Collected automatically when you access our Site using cookies, log files, tags, or pixels.
- Examples of Personal Information collected: name and email address.
- Purpose of collection: to provide services to you to fulfill our contract, to communicate with you, and when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
Information from job applicants and freelancers
- Examples of Personal Information collected: name and email address, current and past employers.
- Purpose of collection: to communicate with you about employment and/or co-operation.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 16. We do not intentionally collect Personal Information from children. If you are the parent or guardian and believe your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us to request deletion.
Sharing Personal Information
We share your Personal Information with selected service providers to help us provide our services and fulfill our contracts with you, as described above.
We may share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For example:
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: policies.google.com/privacy.
- We use Hubspot to power our digital communications, to send out communications in line with explicit consent and preferences, and also to track how visitors use the Site. You can read more about how Hubspot uses your Personal Information here: legal.hubspot.com/privacy-policy.
- We use Leadfeeder to track how visitors use the Site, to identify the company behind visitor’s IP address. You can read more about how Leadfeeder uses your Personal Information here: www.leadfeeder.com/leadfeeder-and-gdpr/.
- We use Facebook Pixel to help us understand how our Site visitors use the Site and target relevant ads on Facebook and 3rd party sites. You can read more about how Facebook uses your Personal Information here: www.facebook.com/policy.php.
- We use LinkedIn Insight to help us understand how our Site visitors use the Site and target relevant ads on Linkedin and 3rd party sites. You can read more about how LinkedIn uses your Personal Information here: www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy.
To learn more about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s educational page at thenai.org/about-online-advertising/faq/.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
- Facebook – www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google Ads – www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Google Analytics – tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: optout.aboutads.info.
Using Personal Information
We use your personal Information to provide our services to you, which includes: offering services, organising events, and keeping you up to date on our services and our company developments.
Pursuant to the GDPR, if you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we process your personal information under the following lawful bases:
- Your consent;
- The performance of the contract between you and the Site;
Our legitimate interests do not override your fundamental rights and freedoms.
When you reach out to us through the Site, we will retain your Personal Information for our records unless and until you ask us to erase this information. For more information on your right of erasure, please see the ‘Your rights’ section below.
As a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you, to port it, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us through the contact information below.
Your Personal Information will be processed by the aforementioned 3rd party services. For more information on how data transfers comply with the GDPR, please refer to respective policies.
A cookie is a small amount of information that’s downloaded to your computer or device when you visit our Site.
We use a number of different cookies, including functional, performance, advertising, and social media cookies.
The length of time that a cookie remains on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies last until you stop browsing and persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted. Most of the cookies we use are persistent and will expire between 30 minutes and two years from the date they are downloaded to your device.
In the cookie settings, we specify the purpose of each cookie used, and you can choose whether to allow or deny the use of that cookie. However, you can always change your choice in the privacy settings of the Site or clear your cookies in your browser settings. We will not use any external services without your consent.
More information on cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as www.allaboutcookies.org.
To exercise your rights or opt-out of certain uses of your information by these parties, please follow the instructions in the “Behavioural Advertising” section above.
Data Controller and Contact Information
The name of the data controller: DK Associates Oy (Business ID: FI27903306).
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to exercise your rights related to your Personal Information, please contact us:
DK Associates Oy
Perämiehenkatu 12 E, 3rd floor
Updated on Jan 28, 2022.